Iceland is a marvelous place to visit all-year round with each season lending it a different kind of charm. But the warmer months often see an influx of tourists from around the world eager to explore the country’s stunning beauty with its dramatic landscapes and unspoiled natural scenery. If you are planning to visit Iceland in summer, here are some of the top things to do to make the most of your trip.
1. Have fun under the midnight sun. Make the most of the longer days exploring the country’s treasure trove of attractions. Imagine the sun set and rise again in such a short span of time that will leave you in awe of one of nature’s wonders that not many people get to experience in other parts of the world.
2. Explore the nightlife in Reykjavik. Do a bar crawl or take part in one of the city’s many events and festivals during the summer months.
3. Go for an epic Iceland road trip. Plan a self-drive or guided tour that will take you to some of the country’s best road trip routes to explore places like the Ring Road, Hvalfjordur fjord, and the Snæfellsnes Peninsula among others.
4. Take a dip in an Icelandic natural hot spring. Some of the best spots for soaking in glorious pools of hot spring waters are the Blue Lagoon, Gamla Laugin, and Seljavallalaug among others.
5. Hike off the beaten tourist trails and experience camping in the wilderness to see more of the country’s breathtaking natural scenery. See the spectacular fire and ice attractions including Iceland’s famous glaciers.